Welcome to POP NI, the web portal for older people in Northern Ireland.
Author John Bradbury works at Advice NI. Here he discusses how POP NI has benefitted his work. He is joined by Robert McClenaghan, a community worker and campaigner.
A web portal is a website designed especially to draw together relevant information from all over the wonderful world of the web and make it easy to access.
So, POP NI gathers all the information that could be of direct relevance to older people in the north of Ireland, their families or those who work with them.
With the support of charitable organisations across Northern Ireland, you now have at your finger-tips a wealth of information regarding:
- Older people’s rights and entitlements, such as pensions, benefits and community care
- How you can make your money go further or what you can do if you are in debt trouble
- Groups where older people can socialise, learn and have fun
- Where you can get free and independent advice and support in your local area
- How you can get online and stay there
- Current news or upcoming events across the country
- What are the issues affecting older people today in Northern Ireland and what we are doing to tackle them
POP NI is Yours
What makes Pop NI so innovative and useful, though, is that you can make the website work for you and claim it as your own.
Organisations and individuals alike can upload information such as group meetings and events and post it on POP NI.
This could not be easier! All you have to do is sign up first of all and then create a group.
You will also be able to connect with people and organisations who share the same interests or who can offer support.
If you would like further information, or if your group would like a demonstration, contact Alasdair at Advice NI - telephone 028 9064 5919 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org